July 26th means National Coffee Milkshake Day, so we thought it was only fitting to put together a smoothie recipe this week for all you coffee lovers.
This Lovely Coffee Smoothie is super simple and only takes minutes to put together. The addition of coconut oil and our New Zealand whey protein isolate will leave you feeling satisfied for longer than your basic cup of joe, while adding a delicious creamy texture. If you are vegan, or simply staying away from all dairy products, sub out the New Zealand whey protein isolate for our organic brown rice protein. Both products come in chocolate or vanilla, and either one tastes amazing once blended with coffee.
We hope you love it as much as we do!
- ½ ripe banana
- 1 scoop Staterra New Zealand whey protein isolate (Vanilla or Chocolate)
- ½ cup unsweetened cashew milk
- ½ cup cold or room temperature brewed coffee
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1½ cups cubed ice
- Cacao nibs, for topping (if desired)
- 1 – 2 teaspoons pure maple syrup, for additional sweetness (if desired)
- Add all ingredients except to a high powered blender, blending until well mixed.
- Slowly add ice to blender and process until creamy.
- Top with cacao nibs, if desired.
Note: If you desire a bit of extra sweetness, stir in 1 – 2 teaspoons pure maple syrup
Looking for the highest quality whey or vegan protein on the market? Checkout our shop or send us an email!
Want something a little more tailored to your needs and goals? Fill out our lifestyle survey today to get your customized supplement – one of our registered nutritionists will be in contact with you shortly.