In celebration of the Ottawa Race weekend which just passed, we decided to feature a delicious smoothie recipe that we came across on Run Ottawa’s blog. This simple smoothie is the perfect pre or post run snack; it will keep you feeling full and energized for your workout, and is packed with quality protein to ensure that you’re recovering properly as well.
This amazing recipe was inspired by Alex McGowan (we decided to take a dairy-free spin on it by switching the Greek Yogurt for coconut milk).
- 1 banana (frozen)
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp almond butter (or other nut butter)
- 1 serving of Staterra Organic Brown Rice Protein or New Zealand Whey Protein Isolate
- 3/4 cup coconut milk
- Optional: Add 1-2 cups of spinach or kale for extra nutrients.
- Put all the ingredients in a blender
- Add water and ice until you reach the desired thickness
- Top with cacao nibs (optional)
Looking for the highest quality whey or vegan protein on the market? Checkout our shop or send us an email!
Anonymous (2017). Recipe of the Month. Run Ottawa. Retrieved May 29th, 2017, from http://www.runottawa.ca/recipe-month-2
Photo Credit: http://www.cookingclassy.com