This week we wanted to take a break from smoothies and instead make a delicious desert with our rice protein. We turned to Holistic Nutritionist Marisa Meleca from The Healthy Bean for this amazing pudding recipe, and after trying it with our vegan rice protein, we couldn’t be happier with how it turned out.
If you don’t like the earthiness that Maca and ground ginger bring to the table, feel free to leave those two ingredients out and adjust the sweetness accordingly. We love Maca here at Staterra, particularly for the energy and hormonal support it provides, and always seem to be adding it to something.
Try it out and let us know what you think!
- 1/2 cup teff, cooked
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 large banana, ripe
- 1/2 an avocado
- 1/3 cup raw cacao powder OR cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup Staterra organic brown rice protein (Chocolate or Vanilla)
- 3 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp Maca powder, gelatinized (optional)
- 1/4 tsp ginger, ground (optional)
- Pinch sea salt
- Bring 2 1/2 cups of water, teff, and pinch of sea salt to a boil in saucepan. Once boiling, reduce heat, and simmer over medium-low until teff is tender and a gelatinous mix forms. Stir occasionally to prevent clumping. Takes about 15 minutes. Add more water if need be.
- Place all other ingredients in a food processor or high-powered blender container and blend until smooth. We tried this recipe with both the chocolate and the vanilla protein, and both versions tasted great – it just depends how chocolate-y you like it!
- Add teff once cooled and blend together.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours before serving. Garnish with berries, raw nuts, and/or unsweetened coconut flakes!
Looking for the highest quality whey or vegan protein on the market? Checkout our shop or send us an email!
Want something a little more tailored to your needs and goals? Fill out our lifestyle survey today to get your customized supplement – one of our registered nutritionists will be in contact with you shortly.