We LOVE Spirulina, particularly because of the bright green colour and the nutrition punch it gives to any smoothie. This blue-green algae is high in B vitamins and minerals like iodine, beta-carotene, antioxidants, iron, and manganese. It is also very detoxifying and alkalizing to the body – making this smoothie of the week pretty badass, if we do say so ourselves!
- 1 ripe banana, peeled and frozen (1 cup)
- 1/2 cup sliced cucumber
- 3/4 – 1 cup unsweetened coconut or cashew milk (or other non-dairy milk of choice)
- 1 cup spinach or chopped kale
- 1 tsp Staterra Organic Spirulina
- 1 scoop Staterra Organic Brown Rice Protein (Vanilla)
Optional Toppings: Frozen or fresh blueberries, hemp seeds, chia seeds
- To a blender, add frozen banana, cucumber, dairy-free milk, spinach, Spirulina, and protein.
- Blend until creamy and smooth. If too thick, thin with water or more dairy-free milk. If too thin, thicken with ice.
- Serve immediately & top with blueberries, hemp seeds, or chia seeds if desired!