It’s official – winter is on its way.
Now that you’ve put away all of your Halloween decorations, we thought it finally appropriate to play around with more Christmas inspired breakfast ideas, which ultimately lead us to a Chocolate Candy Cane Smoothie. This combination of peppermint and chocolate always reminds us of wool socks and crackling fires, so it seems only appropriate for the season.
Although it is a green smoothie, we’re pretty confident any chocolate & mint lover out there will be hooked!
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened cashew milk
- 1/2 avocado
- 1/2 frozen banana
- 1 1/2 cups baby spinach
- 1 scoop Staterra Organic Brown Rice Protein (Chocolate)
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup (optional – for additional sweetness)
- Unsweetened cocoa powder (optional – for additional chocolate flavour)
- 2 teaspoons pure peppermint extract (we used Simply Organic)
- Ice and water to desired thickness
Optional Toppings: Coconut cream, fresh mint, cacao nibs
- Combine all ingredients in a blender and pulse until smooth. Serve immediately, add toppings & enjoy!
Looking for the highest quality whey or vegan protein on the market? Checkout our shop or send us an email!
Want something a little more tailored to your needs and goals? Fill out our health questionnaire today to get your customized supplements – one of our registered nutritionists will be in contact with you shortly.
Photo source: SIMPLE AS THAT