This super simple smoothie recipe may taste like your grandmother’s apple pie, but it is far more nutritious. Being gluten-free, dairy-free, sweetened naturally, and full of protein, this pie in a glass will keep you going for hours. We’re pretty sure this will become your new favourite way to eat that apple-a-day!
- 2 large apples, cored (we used local Cortland apples)
- 1 frozen banana
- 2 teaspoons pure maple syrup OR 1-2 pitted dates
- 1 cup unsweetened cashew or coconut milk
- ½ cup YOSO dairy-free yogurt (unsweetened) (we used almond & cashew)
- 1 scoop Staterra Organic Brown Rice Protein (Vanilla)
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- ½ tsp ginger
- ½ tsp cloves
- Ice and water to desired thickness
For topping: Sliced apples, walnuts, additional cinnamon
- Combine all ingredients in a blender and pulse until smooth. Taste and add additional sweetness if desired, pulsing to combine.
- Serve immediately & enjoy!
Looking for the highest quality whey or vegan protein on the market? Checkout our shop or send us an email!
Want something a little more tailored to your needs and goals? Fill out our health questionnaire today to get your customized supplements – one of our registered nutritionists will be in contact with you shortly.
Photo source: Noshing with the Nolands