What could be better than a delicious PB + J sandwich?
What about a healthier version in smoothie form?
We got the idea for this recipe from our friends at RAW Pulp + Grind here in Ottawa, after going there almost every day for one of their peanut butter & jelly smoothies. Because we couldn’t always make it there to buy one, we decided to test out our own concoction. We think we’ve nailed the recipe for this tasty and super satisfying PB + J Smoothie, but we would love to hear what you think!
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 cup unsweetened cashew OR coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons organic peanut butter + more for topping
- ½ cup mixed frozen berries (or your favourite berry of choice)
- 1 scoop of Staterra Organic brown rice protein (Vanilla)
- 2 teaspoons pure maple syrup (or to your desired sweetness)
- ¼ cup ice (optional)
- Place all ingredients in a blender and puree until smooth. Pour into a glass and drizzle with additional peanut butter.
Looking for the highest quality whey or vegan protein on the market? Checkout our shop or send us an email!
Want something a little more tailored to your needs and goals? Fill out our lifestyle survey today to get your customized supplement – one of our registered nutritionists will be in contact with you shortly.
Photo source: Kitchen Treaty (http://www.kitchentreaty.com/pbj-smoothie/)