Picture this: it’s Thursday morning, the sun is shining through the blinds of your bedroom window, and you’ve hit the snooze button on your alarm a whopping THREE times. You’re in a total rush, but how will you manage to make it to work on time while also having a fulfilling breakfast of some sort?
Well, if you’ve got 2-3 minutes to spare, the Golden ‘Good Morning’ Oatmeal Smoothie is the solution for you. Getting a healthy and tasty source of iron, protein, calcium and Vitamin C will not only provide you with the energy to saunter into work, but the motivation you’ll need to conquer your day!
This recipe works great with our Vanilla flavoured Staterra New Zealand whey protein isolate, but the Chocolate flavour is a great addition as well. Have a taste of this delicious morning smoothie and let us know what you think in the comments!
- 1 cup of unsweetened coconut milk
- ½ cup of washed Golden Delicious apples, sliced
- ¼ cup of frozen or fresh Ontario blueberries
- ¼ cup of gluten-free oats
- ¼ cup ice cubes
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 scoop of Staterra New Zealand whey protein isolate (Vanilla flavoured)
- Blend all ingredients together in a high-powered blender and enjoy!
Photo credit: http://cpi.studiod.com/www_livestrong_com/photos.demandstudios.com/getty/article