Not all spices are created equal. Turmeric is not only delicious to add to your favourite recipes, but it also has so many healing properties. As an Ayurvedic spice that’s been used for thousands of years, it’s no wonder why it’s become so popular in the Western culture as well. Its anti-inflammatory properties can decrease inflammation that comes in the form of joint pain, or even skin issues such as acne or psoriasis. The carrots also add a kick of Vitamin A, which is great for the skin and eyesight. We threw in mango and orange for some Vitamin C to help you boost your immunity after what was a hopefully eventful long weekend. Enjoy this delicious and powerful smoothie!
- 1 medium orange
- 1 large carrot (chopped and shaved)
- 1/3 cup frozen mango chunks
- 2/3 cup coconut water
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- Small pinch of cayenne pepper (helps with absorption of turmeric)
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 tbsp honey
- Staterra New Zealand whey protein isolate (preferably vanilla or unflavoured)
OPTION: Nuts/seeds of your choice and frozen banana slices (to top)
- Blend all ingredients other than nuts & seeds/banana slices.
- Add ice and water to desired thickness.
- Pour, add toppings, preferably find a beach and ENJOY!
Looking for the highest quality whey or vegan protein on the market? Checkout our shop or send us an email!
Want something a little more tailored to your needs and goals? Fill out our lifestyle survey today to get your customized supplement – one of our registered nutritionists will be in contact with you shortly.