We had to feature this delicious smoothie by The Healthy Bean, after testing it out in our kitchen. Not only is it beautiful to look at, but this Purple Monster Smoothie is packed with nutrients, antioxidants, carbs, healthy fats, and protein! If you don’t have blue spirulina, feel free to use the green variety, or sub it out completely with a cup of spinach.
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- ½ a banana
- ½ an avocado
- 2 tablespoons of blue spirulina
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut yogurt
- 1/4 cup organic, gluten-free oats
- ½ cup orange juice
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 scoop of protein powder
- Staterra Organic Brown Rice protein (Vanilla) – 1 scoop
- Blend all the ingredients and enjoy!
Looking for the highest quality whey or vegan protein on the market? Checkout our shop or send us an email!
Want something a little more tailored to your needs and goals? Fill out our lifestyle survey today to get your customized supplement – one of our registered nutritionists will be in contact with you shortly.
Photo Credit: Marisa Meleca (www.thehealthybean.net)