Love buffalo wings but hate what they do for your waistline? Check out this vegan variation that you would never guess was good for you after trying them! Versions of these bad boys are all over Pinterest, but we got the base of our recipe from The Lean Clean Eating Machine. After making a few little tweaks, we think we nailed the recipe.
Try it out for yourself and let us know what you think!
Prep time: 10 mins Cook time: 25 mins Total time: 35 mins
½ cup coconut flour (chickpea flour also works well here)
½ cup water
Pinch of sea salt
Pinch of granulated garlic powder
Coconut oil (to grease baking sheet)
1 tsp. coconut oil, softened
½ cup Frank’s Red Hot sauce
- Preheat oven to 450F.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, water, garlic powder and salt. Mix thoroughly with a whisk.
- Dip cauliflower pieces in the batter until coated evenly, then place on a lightly greased, non-stick baking sheet.
- Bake for about 10 minutes or until the batter hardens, then flip with a spatula and bake for another 5 minutes.
- Whisk together Frank’s Red Hot sauce, honey/maple syrup, and coconut oil in a small bowl.
- When the cauliflower is finished, take a plastic pastry brush and evenly brush each piece with the hot sauce mixture.
- Bake coated cauliflower for an additional 8-10 minutes, or until cauliflower is crispy, and sauce looks absorbed.
- Remove from oven. Let cauliflower bites set out for at least 20 minutes before serving. Enjoy!